HOME

Thursday, February 3, 2011

New kitchen sink light fixture...

In a trade-off with my husband I agreed to find/install new music download software in exchange for his "light fixture" hanging expertise.  I definitely got the easier end of the bargain.

So here is our hideous, fluorescent light that used to be above our kitchen sink.  Anyone that has a home built in the 1960's has probably seen one of these bad boys.



It actually used to have a cover but I broke it right before taking these photos.  I got a little excited to get the stupid thing down that I forgot to take a good "before" pic.


Here are the results!  This is an oil-rubbed bronze track light system.  It was marked $20 brand new, in the box at Restore.  Steph and I went on 25% off day and I got it for $15.  I found similar products at Home Depot ranging from $70-$150.  Talk about a bargain!



Here's a close up.  It's a great fixture!! Each of the heads can swivel in any directions.  It brings so much more light to our kitchen and it matches my favorite feature of my kitchen (another Restore bargain) my faucet.  I love it!


Please ignore the ugly ceiling where the light is mounted.  It needs patched and painted from the holes the other fixture left. I'm thinking about trying out a new paint color.  What a perfectly hidden spot to test it out!

On to the next project!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love it! Maybe I can see if your Andrew will hang my light... :)

    ReplyDelete